Looking to purchase a new computer or accessories?
Yes I can supply new computers, network items and the many accessories any computer user would need, however this is a brief purchasing guide only to help you plan your next purchase.
The reason main this guide was created? Many individuals like to touch and feel a product before buying and SUPPORTU is not a retail outlet.
1. Always buy a business computer model
- These units will be distinguished by having a professional edition of system software and cost about $200+ than a similar spec'd home edition computer.
- It will have better longevity due to parts included for business models are better quality than the home rated versions.
- Replacement parts will be readily available in the foreseeable life of a business computer model.
2. Always buy a USB storage drive at time of computer purchase for basic backups
- Never delay the purchase of backup storage, its always too late when the data is gone.
- Cost of a new computer may be less than data loss for any reason that may occur.
3. If you cannot maintain your computer yourself
- Take the purchase cost and add $300 per year for assistance and purchases (just a estimate)
- Antivirus software
- I.T. user assistance
- Replacement backup storage
- Only do this option if you are running a business and want the latest gadget on a update cycle every 2-3 years
- Select the best or upper computer models for better longevity and performance, your paying a monthly fee so make it count.
- Hire purchase is not available for businesses, only for individuals for personal use.
- What are the actual running costs?
- Is buying a new printer cheaper than buying replacement ink? please consider the environment!
- Do you need colour or can you make do with black and white and leave colour tasks at the print store where the quality is better and cheaper for small tasks.
- Do you want a cordless keyboard and the hassle of batteries or a corded unit with a cable on the desk?